City of Baytown Issues Request for Proposals for Market Street Corridor Study
Market Street Corridor Study
Request for Proposals
April 4, 2018
The City of Baytown is soliciting proposals from multidisciplinary firms/consultants to plan, design and develop technical specifications, which will drive the redevelopment and beautification of the Market Street Corridor Study area. The responding proposer will have significant experience in urban design, land use planning, and economic development.
The goals of developing a Market Street Corridor Study include, but are not limited to the following:
• Identify opportunities for projects that would draw new investment, users, and visitors to the subject area (including small and large scale development);
• Identify a way to increase pedestrian mobility in the subject area;
• Repurpose all unused railroad right-of-way in the subject area;
• Garner strong citizen participation throughout the development of the study;
• Develop a Capital Improvement Plan for the subject area;
• Identify beautification opportunities along the corridor;
• Use the Neighborhood Improvement Program to leverage citizen participation; and
• Produce an action plan (recommendations and next steps based on the baseline
Proposals must be received no later than Friday, April 27, 2018, by 4 p.m. Central Daylight Time where they will be stamped on arrival. Please click here for the complete Request for Proposals (PDF).