Notice of Public Hearings
Public Hearing notices are posted on the City's notice boards and website, said notices are only maintained on the website until such time as the hearing date has passed. Original documents are maintained in the City Clerk's Office for the designated retention period. For more information regarding each notice, please refer to the department information listed on each notice, as the responsible party may vary.
May 10, 2018
NOTICE is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Baytown will hold the public hearings on May 10, 2018, at 6:30 P.M. in the Council Chambers at Baytown City Hall, 2401 Market Street, Baytown, Texas, giving all interested parties the right to appear and be heard on the following items:
(1) a Special Use Permit for a proposed cell tower 100 feet in height, on a tract of land approximately 0.13 acres of land being part of and out of 10.61 acres, zoned General Commercial, located at the end of Shady Hill Drive where it meets West Fork Goose Creek, legally described as Reserve "B", Rollingbrook, Section 4, Harris County, Texas; and
(2) proposed text amendments to the Unified Land Development Code, which include the following:
1. requiring certain accessory buildings in non-residential zones meet masonry requirements;
2. amending masonry requirements for Light Industrial and for buildings along certain rights-of-way;
3. amending the masonry reduction process;
4. clarifying the standards for which variances may be granted;
5. amending the findings necessary for administrative variance;
6. amending the land use regulations regarding hotels and self-storage facilities;
7. amending landscaping standards; and
8. adding/amending certain definitions related to the above-referenced matters.
May 15, 2018
Planning & Zoning Commission
NOTICE is hereby given that the Planning and Zoning Commission of the City of Baytown will hold public hearings on April 17, 2018 and May 15, 2018, in the Council Chambers at Baytown City Hall, 2401 Market Street, Baytown, Texas, at 5:00 p.m., giving all interested parties the right to appear and be heard on the following item:
(1) to rezone approximately 0.88 acres located at 3603 Massey Tompkins Road, on the north side of Massey Tompkins, approximately 1800 feet east of its intersection with Raccoon Drive, legally described as lots TR 2E, Abstract 69 C Smith , Baytown, Harris County, Texas from mixed residential at low to medium densities (SF2) to General Commercial (GC).
May 15, 2018 & June 19, 2018
Planning & Zoning Commission
NOTICE is hereby given that the Planning and Zoning Commission of the City of Baytown will hold the first and second public hearings on May 15, 2018 and June 19, 2018, 5:00 P.M. in the Council Chambers at Baytown City Hall, 2401 Market Street, Baytown, TX, giving all interested parties the right to appear and be heard on the following item:
the proposed rezoning of approximately one (1.0) acre of land, at 3318 Massey Tompkins Road, located about 2,300 feet west of S.H. 146 and 900 feet east of Raccoon Road on the south side of Massey Tompkins, Harris County, Texas, from General Commercial (GC) to Mixed residential at low to medium densities (SF2) Zoning District.