Ron Bottoms has served as Deputy City Manager since January 2012. As Deputy City Manager, Ron oversees the following departments:
- Public Works
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning and Community Development
Ron came to the City of Baytown with over 19 years of municipal experience, having served as City Manager of the cities of LaPorte, Freeport, and Dumas, Texas, Assistant Capital Projects Manager in San Antonio, Texas and Public Works Director for the City of Brenham, Texas.
He holds a Bachelors of Science in Industrial Distribution from Texas A&M University and a Masters of Public Administration from Troy State University.
Prior to his career in municipal government, Ron served in the United States Air Force as an F-111 Navigator/Weapons Systems Officer from 1981-1989.
Kevin has served as Assistant City Manager since September 2008, and oversees the following departments:
- City Clerk
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
Kevin came to the City of Baytown with over 26 years of military service, which culminated in his serving at the Army’s Chief Financial Commander in Washington D.C. After retiring in 2005 at the rank of Colonel, Kevin was a Federal consultant with Deloitte Consulting from 2005-2008.
He holds a Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance from Texas A&M University; Maters of Business Administration (MBA) in Comptrollership from Syracuse University; and Masters in National Resourcing Strategy from the Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
Nick Woolery has worked for the City of Baytown since June of 2010. During his tenure, Nick has served in the following capacities with the City:
- Assistant to the City Manager (June 2010 - Sept. 2014)
- Interim Public Works Director (Sept. 2014 - Nov. 2015)
- Director of Strategic Initiatives (Nov. 2015 - current)
Nick's responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the operations of the City Manager's Office (Administrative support, grant management, public affairs and tourism)
- Managing the City's legislative affairs
- Studying organizational processes and implementing improvements to improve City performance
- Identifying innovative solutions to drive organizational excellence and improve service to City residents and customers
- Completing strategic projects identified by the City Council or the City's leadership team
Nick is extremely active in the Baytown community, serving in the following roles:
- City United Way Campaign Co-chair (2011-13)
- Rotary Club of Baytown (Member since 2011, Board Member 2012-16, current President-Elect)
- American Diabetes Association - Baytown Chapter Board of Directors (2013-present)
- United Way of Greater Baytown and Chambers County Board of Directors (2016-present)
Before Nick arrived in Baytown, he worked for the City of Olathe, KS. Nick holds a Bachelor of Public Administration degree from Washburn University and a Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Kansas, the country's top rated school for city management. He is a member of the Leadership ICMA class of 2016, the nation's premier program for the development of city management professionals. Nick is a member of the Baytown Sun's inaugural 20 under 40 group.