The Human Resources team is a full service department dedicated to the support of organizational and employee goals. This proactive support includes a range of people-focused programs and activities including the following:
- Recruitment and selection of the most qualified candidates for career opportunities with the City.
- Training and development of employees to perform their jobs more effectively and efficiently.
- Providing internal advice and guidance to all City departments on people related issues.
- Developing and interpreting personnel policies and programs consistent with applicable legislation.
- Maintaining equitable and competitive compensation practices including salary and other benefit plans.
- Managing the City's insurance and risk mitigation programs