Our Mission is to enhance the quality of life in the City of Baytown by working cooperatively with the citizens within the framework of the U.S. Constitution.
We will accomplish this by enforcing the Laws, educating the Public, preserving the Peace, reducing Citizen Apprehension, and providing a safe environment for our Community by vigorously eliminating the criminal element.
- Make the delivery of Police Services and Crime Control in Baytown a model for the rest of the state.
- Encourage closer relationships and reaction with the Public through Crime Prevention Programs, Education in Schools, and Neighborhood Programs.
- Work toward a drug free society by aggressive planning, education, and enforcement actions.
- Initiate effective enforcement by actively identifying those criminal behaviors which challenge the safety of our Community and to develop aggressive planning for enforcement to reduce or eliminate those criminal behaviors before they have a chance to develop.
- Instill unity and dedication in all members of the Department by uniting them into a progressive unified force to deal with the crime problems of the future.
- Improve Officer career paths, academic performance, and to reduce Department attrition.
- Establish basic fundamentals for implementing and maintaining a healthy functioning Police Department.
- Formulate an executive board whose responsibilities will be to ensure integration, cooperation, and communication throughout the Department as well as to interact with other agencies, city departments, and community members.
- Review our mission, goals, and objectives on an annual basis to ensure our mission, goals, and objectives are based upon community and departmental needs.
The Administrative Bureau consists of the Chief of Police, his Administrative Assistant and his Legal Advisor. Collectively, with the Bureau Commanders, it makes and administers policy for the Department.
Bureau Commanders head the individual bureaus within the Department and answer to the Chief of Police. The three commanders hold the rank of Assistant Chief. Two Assistant Chiefs are appointed and one is Civil Service tested.
The Community Services Bureau provides crime prevention education to the citizens of Baytown through is Crime Prevention, and DARE units. The Crime Stoppers
program is housed in this bureau and tips are forwarded to Investigations for action. The Bureau also contains the department's Training Academy
, responsible for in-service training for the entire department, as well as being an established Regional Academy.
The investigations Bureau provides the follow-up criminal investigation of reported criminal events. Investigations also contain a Special Operations Unit, Narcotics Unit, and a Probation/Parole unit whose function are narcotics investigations and the apprehension of wanted subjects.
The Patrol Bureau provides the main police services of patrol, traffic enforcement and accident investigation. The SWAT Team, Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforement unit, Crisis Negotiators, and other specialty response units are part of and support the Patrol response.
The Support Bureau houses the Jail, Police Records, Support Services and Property. The Jail holds all arrestees in Baytown until their release or transfer to the Harris County Jail. All requests for copies of reports or the return of stolen property would be handled by Records or the Property Room.