Hiring window CLOSED (Recruiting Video)
Applications ARE accepted from 09-26-2016 to 5 pm/1700 on 12-16-2016.
The Written test will start at 9am on Friday January 6,2017, and the Agility test to be held later that same day for those that pass the written test.
Beginning salary $57,325.00 (effective 12/10/2016)
Civil Service Test is Friday, January 6, 2017
The deadline to submit an application is 12-16-2016!
Here are the minimum requirements:
- 21 years of age to take the entrance exam and less than 45 years of age at the time of appointment (sworn in) as a police officer, and
- High school diploma/GED & one of the following:
- An active Texas peace officer’s license with less than a two year break in service prior to taking the entrance examination; OR
- Has successfully completed a Basic Peace Officer’s course and is eligible for licensing at the time of the entrance examination; OR
- Successfully completed a minimum of 45 hours at an accredited college or university with at least a 2.0 grade average on a 4.0 scale; OR
- 24 months active military service with an Honorable Discharge. CANNOT have a re-enlistment code of RE-4.
Applications For Patrol Officer Are Being Accepted Until 12-16-2016!
Interest cards can still be obtained at www.baytown.org (an interest card is NOT an application)
Officer Ron Ellis
• 220 – Age = Max Allowed Heart Rate
• So noted is 85% of the max, but not factored in
• Initial Blood Pressure 159/99 or less allowed