Hiring window IS CLOSED! (Recruiting Video)
Applications will be accepted from SOMETIME SOON in 2018. Get that Interest Card submitted now!
The Written test usually starts at 9am and the Agility test is mostly held later that same day for those that pass the written test.
Beginning salary $59,388.49 (effective 10-01-2017)
Civil Service Test is probably early to mid July.
The deadline to submit an application will be announced soon!
Here are the minimum requirements:
- 21 years of age to take the entrance exam and less than 45 years of age at the time of appointment (sworn in) as a police officer, and
- High school diploma/GED & one of the following:
- An active Texas peace officer’s license with less than a two year break in service prior to taking the entrance examination; OR
- Has successfully completed a Basic Peace Officer’s course and is eligible for licensing at the time of the entrance examination; OR
- Successfully completed a minimum of 45 hours at an accredited college or university with at least a 2.0 grade average on a 4.0 scale; OR
- 24 months active military service with an Honorable Discharge. CANNOT have a re-enlistment code of RE-4.
Applications For Patrol Officer Will Be Accepted SOON!
Officer Ron Ellis
• 220 – Age = Max Allowed Heart Rate
• So noted is 85% of the max, but not factored in
• Initial Blood Pressure 159/99 or less allowed