The Public Affairs Division is tasked with telling the stories of the City of Baytown Government. We recognize the value of citizen engagement; and that for true engagement to occur, residents and other shareholders must possess reliable information and have access to a variety of communication opportunities.
Much of the City's overall success is shaped by the quality of its communication efforts. Therefore a proactive and two-way communication approach is needed to ensure that information is shared throughout the community, providing citizens with complete, accurate and timely information enabling them to make and communicate informed judgments to City leaders and elected officials.
Services we provide:
- News Releases - announcing City events and issues sent to the local media to help distribute the information to the public.
- Website - provides information, applications, forms, videos and other interactive ways to interact with the City.
- Social media - Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Newsletters -Monthly newsletters including The Bridge E-dition and The Bridge printed newsletter sent out with utility bills.
- Baytown TV - original programming related to City events, news and issues streamed online and broadcast on the City's government news channel, Comcast channel 16.
- Tours - Schools, businesses, and other interested groups may schedule tours of City Hall and other City facilities by calling 281.420.5802.
- Special Events - The City of Baytown sponsors or cooperates in planning various special events, including ribbon cuttings and groundbreakings, legislative functions and community outreaches. The Public Affairs Division assists city departments in planning special events and coordinating event promotions.