The City of Baytown sees social media as an excellent way to not only promote City events and programs, and provide residents and visitors with real time information in the event of an emergency, but also as an effective form of two-way communication. Followers are encouraged to engage and give their input on a variety of pages targeted to specific audiences. Current social media sites include:
To make an open records request, we recommend going to our Public Information Request page.
Facebook and YouTube Comments/Twitter Moderation Policy
Moderators may remove or redirect comments (Facebook and YouTube) or may block individuals from following City accounts if they reply to our tweets with tweets that contain the following:
- Content that is off topic or not within the scope of the responsibilities of the City of Baytown (or the specific departmental Page)
- Abusive, profane or insulting language
- Attacks on individual character or to the personality of individuals
- Commercial endorsements of products, services, organizations or other entities
- Political endorsements of parties, candidates or groups
- Content that infringes on copyrights
- Solicitations of funds
- Speculative comments on any ongoing investigation
- Content that implies, promotes or encourages illegal activity
- Sexual content
You may be banned from our social media if you act contrary to these rules.