The Baytown Community Center, located at 2407 Market Street (map), offers several rooms, large and small, for private parties, club meetings or commercial events.
Rules & Regulations
- Smoking is not permitted in any City facility.
- Firearms are prohibited.
- Consumption and/or Possession of Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Animals of any kind are not permitted in any City facility with the exception of assist dogs trained and in service to a physically impaired or challenged person and police dogs that are part of the City of Baytown’s K-9 unit.
Beginner Ballroom Dance Lessons
Participants are introduced to dances like Foxtrot, Waltz, Cha-cha and Rumba. The class will also teach leading and following.
Time: Monday, 6pm-7pm
Location: Baytown Community Center
Fee: $30 per session, $7 for drop-in
Instructor: Raul Alaniz
|Yoga Stephanie.jpg||191.72 KB|
|Quilting flyer.jpg||1.34 MB|
Kindermusik with Ms. Erynn
Time: Monday, 10am-11am (Starts on 8/25)
Fee per month: $65 Free class on August 18th!
Please click here to register and pay for the Kindermusik class.
Instructor: Erynn Anderson
Time: Monday, 5pm-6pm
Fee per session: $30
Instructor: Jamar Simien
Messy Mitts is offering a wide variety of educational activities during the GCCISD school year. Each class includes a story time, activity and snack.
Time: Wednesday, 10am-11am
Fee per session: $15
Instructor: Sonja Payne
Please call 281-420-6598 if you would like more information.
Karate is an art of self-expression that can be played out through tournaments, used to protect ones' self and others, and used as a positive redirection and relief of stresses and anxieties of ones' personal life. It is a striking art where we focus on the basics: Kihon, Kata, and Kumite. We attend several optional tournaments every year for competition, so the opportunities to excel and grow are almost limitless. No special equipment or outfit required.
Time: Monday and Wednesday, 6:45pm-7:45pm
Location: Baytown Community Center
Fee: $40 monthly, $25 sign up fee
Age: 5 and up
Instructor: Waylon Ward
|Registration for Youth Programs.pdf||82.39 KB|
|Firefigther Helper Class.jpg||208.91 KB|
|Mr.Simien's Art Class (1).jpg||119.73 KB|
|Fire Truck Class 007.jpg||174.88 KB|
Summer Fun 2014 at the Baytown Community Center
City Adventure Camp
Summer Art Camps
|Summer Art Camp Flyer 2014.jpg||215.47 KB|
|Summer Art Camp Flyer 2014.jpg||351.33 KB|
|Drums Galore Camp.jpg||712.23 KB|
|Rad Recorders Camp.jpg||649.08 KB|
|Drums Galore.jpg||689.74 KB|
Baytown Community Center
2407 Market Street, Baytown TX 77522
Please call 281-420-6598 for more information!
If not indicated otherwise all classes are free of charge for adults 50 years and older.
Card Games, 11am-3pm
Bingo and Pot Luck, 11:30am-2pm (50 cents per Bingo card)
Western Country Dance, 10am-11:30am
Ballroom Dance Lessons, 11:30am-1pm ($4 per class)
Card Games, 11:30am-4pm
Port of Houston Boat Tour
October 24, 2014
Departure: Wyndam Park Apartments, 2700 Rollingbrook Dr, Baytown, TX at 8:30am
For information and reservations contact David Weber 832-597-6400
Registration deadline: 10/15/2014, valid Texas ID required
Biloxi & New Orleans Bus Tour
March 16-20, 2015
- Motorcoach transportation
- 4 consecutive nights lodging at a Casino Hotel on the Mississipi Gulf Coast
- 8 meals: 4 breakfast and 4 dinners
- Spectacular Gulf Coast Gaming
- Guided tour of Bay St.Louis
- Guided tour of New Orleans
- Free time in French Quarter of New Orleans
- A visit to a second Gulf Coast Casino
Cost: $400 (per person, double occupancy), payment plan available (Final payment due on 1/8/15)
Departure: Baytown Community Center, 2407 Market St, Baytown, TX at 8am
For more information visit: www.GroupTrips.com/BaytownSeniors or contact David Weber at 832-597-6400
Community Center Room Rentals
The Baytown Community Center, located at 2407 Market Street (map), offers several rooms, large and small, for private parties, club meetings or commercial events. Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis and may be made in person or by phone. Rental rates are hourly, and are available for Residents (R) and Non-Residents (NR). Rates include the set-up and clean-up of the room, and a building attendant on duty. For details or availability, call 281-420-6597.
This 81’ x 76’ room seats 400. With tables and chairs, it seats 350. The stage is equipped with lighting for productions.
- Deposit: $250.00 (refundable)
- Moday - Thursday - $50.00 per hour
- Friday - Sunday - $75.00 per hour
- Business Training: $35.00/hr. Available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday only.
Meeting Room & Tejas Room
This 39’ x 65’ room seats 100 people. With tables and chairs, it seats 100. It is great for small banquets or large club meetings.
- Deposit: $100.00 (refundable)
- Moday - Thursday - $25.00 per hour
- Friday - Sunday - $50.00 per hour
- Business Training: $15.00/hr. Available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday only.
The auditorium and meeting room have access to a full-service kitchen, which can be reserved.
- Deposit: $100 (refundable)
Lone Star, Blue Bonnet, & Pecan Rooms
Each of these small meetings room seat 50. With tables and chairs, each seats 40. They share a small kitchenette.
- Deposit: $50.00 (refundable)
- Moday - Thursday - $10.00 per hour
- Friday - Sunday - $25.00 per hour