Water Utility Accounts
Application of Service Requirements
- Application for service.
- Water / sewer deposit contract.
- Proof of property ownership or a lease agreement.
- Property Owner must provide a Bill of Sale, Settlement Statement, Title Transfer Warranty Deed, or Closing Disclosure.
- Renter / Tenant must provide a Lease Agreement or Utility Billing form signed by the landlord.
- A valid driver’s license or identification card, deposit, and service fee.
Deposits & Fees
- Next day service available for water connection.
- Water & Sewer rates (PDF)
- Water & Sewer Impact fees
- Deposits are mandatory to establish a new account.
- Deposits can be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card with proper identification.
|New Service Connection Fee||$30.00|
|New Service Deposit - Owner||$50.00|
|New Service Deposit - Renter / Tenant||$200.00|
|Transfer of Service||$25.00|
|Broken Lock / Device||$50.00|
|Pulled Meter - Tampering||$150.00|
|Reread (first and after)||$10.00 and $25.00|
|Pull Straight Line||$250.00|
|Vacant - Unauthorized Use||200.00|
Applications & Forms
- Proper Identification must be submitted with service request.
- Available below and in our office. Once completed, you can bring them in to the office or fax them in.
- Residential Application (English) (PDF)
- Online Residential Application
- Residential Application (Spanish) (PDF)
- Online Residential Application (Spanish)
- Commercial Service Application (PDF)
- Senior Citizen Garbage Discount (PDF)
- Occupancy Report (PDF)
- Water Sewer Deposit Contract (PDF)
- Fire Hydrant Meter Rental (PDF)
- Automatic Bank Draft Form (PDF)
The City of Baytown Utility Billing Division has two billing cycles for water, sewer, and garbage. Billing cycles are based on the property geographical location within the city and can not be modified.
- Each customer has approximately 14 days from the day the bill is mailed to pay his/her bill without penalty.
- At this time, a delinquent notice is mailed as a friendly reminder giving the customer an additional 12 days from the original due date to pay their bill.
- Penalties will not be waived for failure to receive bill. Please contact the Post Office if you are experiencing problems receiving your bills.
- If the account is not paid by the due date, a 10% late charge shall be assessed to the amount of water charge. This amount will be shown as the gross amount on the bill.
- Approximately 26 days from the original bill date, if payment has not been received in our office before 4:00 p.m., services are automatically scheduled for disconnection and a $50.00 delinquent fee will be assessed.
- Please avoid penalties and service interruption by paying your bill on time.
- If you’re paying a delinquent bill online or by phone, please allow 2-3 business days for file transmittal and payments to be applied to your account.
View Your Account Online
- Navigate to our online portal
- Click on Utility Billing located on the menu bar
- You will then need to enter your account information.
- The following screen is the login screen.
- If you are already a registered user, enter your login information once prompted.
If You Don’t Receive Your Bill
- Failure to receive a bill does not relieve the customer from the obligation of paying the amount due or the penalties accrued due to non-payment of the bill.
- If your account number begins with a "1", the bill is due between the 5th and 10th of the month.
- If your account number begins with a "2", the bill is due between the 20th and 25th of the month.
- If your bill is not received 10 days prior to the above referenced due dates, please contact our office for payment amount and due date information at 281-420-6515.