- Public Information
- Water Information
- Water Utility Accounts
Water Utility Accounts
The information below is for customers who have already established Utility services with the City of Baytown.
The City of Baytown Utility Billing Division has two billing cycles for water, sewer, and garbage.
Billing cycles are based on the property geographical location within the city and can not be modified.
- If your account number begins with a "1", the bill is due between the 5th and 10th of the month.
- If your account number begins with a "2", the bill is due between the 20th and 25th of the month.
Each customer has approximately 14 days from the day the bill is mailed to pay his/her bill without penalty. Avoid penalties and service interruption by paying your bill on time.
If You Don’t Receive Your Bill
Failure to receive a bill does not relieve the customer from the obligation of paying the amount due or the penalties accrued due to non-payment of the bill.
If your bill is not received 10 days prior to the above referenced due dates, please contact the Customer Service office for payment amount and due date information.
If your account is not paid by the due date, a 10% late charge shall be assessed to the amount of water charge. This amount will be shown as the gross amount on the bill.
At this time, delinquent notices are mailed as a friendly reminder, giving the customer an additional 12 days from the original due date to pay their bill.
Penalties will not be waived for failure to receive your bill. Please contact the Post Office if you are experiencing problems receiving your bills.
Approximately 26 days from the original bill date, if payment has not been received in our office before 4:00 p.m., services are automatically scheduled for disconnection and a $50.00 delinquent fee will be assessed.
If you’re paying a delinquent bill online or by phone, please allow 2 to 3 business days for file transmittal and payments to be applied to your account.
Service Related Fees
|Broken Lock / Device||$50.00|
|Late Charge||10% of Bill|
|Pulled Meter - Tampering||$150.00|
|Pull Straight Line||$250.00|
|Reread (first and after)||$10.00 and $25.00|
|Transfer of Service||$25.00|
|Vacant - Unauthorized Use||200.00|
Accessing Your Account and Paying Your Bill
To locate your account number and view your biliing history use our Account feature. To submit an online payment, use our online Payments Portal. You may also pay by phone or in person.
Create Your Online Account
- Navigate to our online portal
- Enter your account information and account number provided by the City of Baytown.
- If you do not know your account number, use the Find Account feature or contact the Utility Billing division.
- You will then be redirected to the login screen. If you are already a registered user, enter your login information once prompted.
The information below will guide you through the process of setting up a new Utility Services account with the City of Baytown.
Application of Service Requirements
The below list of items are required for establishing new City of Baytown related Utility services.
- Application for service
- Water / sewer deposit contract
- Proof of property ownership or a lease agreement
- Property Owner must provide a Bill of Sale, Settlement Statement, Title Transfer Warranty Deed, or Closing Disclosure.
- Renter / Tenant must provide a Lease Agreement or Utility Billing form signed by the landlord.
- A valid driver’s license or identification card, deposit, and service fee
Deposits & Fees
Next day service available for water connection. Deposits are mandatory to establish a new account and can be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card with proper identification.
New Service Related Fees
|New Service Connection Fee||$30.00|
|New Service Deposit - Owner||$50.00|
|New Service Deposit - Renter / Tenant||$200.00|
|Commercial / Multi Units Deposit||Varies|
|Revisit Fee (If needed)||$10.00|
|Vacant - Unauthorized Use||$200.00|
Other Related Fees
Applications & Forms
The applications below are required to establish new Utility service with the City of Baytown.
- Online Residential Application
- Online Residential Application (Spanish)
- Occupancy Report (PDF)
- Customer Release of Information Authorization Form
- Optional Automatic Bank Draft Form (PDF)