Safe Sitter Course
$75.00 per student. Grades -6-8
- Date: 11/09/2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Baytown Community Center
2407 Market Street
Baytown, Texas 77520
SAFE SITTER® COURSE
$75.00 per student
Saturday, September 28, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Designed for Girl and Boy Scouts
Sunday, September 29, 12:00 to 6:30 pm Designed for Girl and Boy Scouts
Saturday, December 7, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday, December 8, 12:00 to 6:30 pm
Designed to prepare students in grades 6-8 to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. This instructor-led class is filled with fun games and role-playing exercises. Students will learn:
- Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
- Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help them stay in control of themselves and the children in their care. Students also learn the ages and stages of child development, as well as practice diapering.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Learning skills such as choking rescue and CPR is often students’ favorite part of the class. Students also learn a system to help them assess and respond to injuries and illnesses. (CPR included in Safe Sitter® Essentials with CPR and Safe Sitter® Expanded.)
- Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and greet employers will set students up for success now and in the future. Students practice these skills through various role plays.