Update On City Services
May 12, 2020
City Services Update
The Utility Billing office remains closed to the public. You may pay your bill online, via mail, drop box, at alternate payment locations and the drive thru.
*** As of May 26, 2020 the drive thru window at the Utility Billing office will be open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday – Friday. The drive thru may be used to make payments and to drop off payment arrangement documents.
* Effective immediately the City of Baytown Utility Billing Division has created/authorized electronic Payment Arrangements for customers with Delinquent Balances ONLY. Account holders can request a payment arrangement at email@example.com, fax 281-420-6514 or phone 281-420-6515. All required documents and identification can be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail at P. O. Box 424, Baytown, TX 77522, or night drop box at 2505 Market Street. Once arrangements are approved, payments can be made on or before the payment arrangement due date by phone 1-844-219-7880, online, night drop or alternate payment locations.
City Clerk’s Office
Please note that from May 11th through May 22nd, the processing and payments associated with City Clerk administered permits and licenses, as well as, the purchase of certified copies of birth and death certificates will be available to the public by mail, online, via email, and by appointment only for will-call and curbside service. For more information or to make an appointment please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 281-420-6504.
Public Works & Engineering
All employees reported to work on May 4th. The office is open to the public and all services will be provided. We will maintain distancing and disinfection procedures. Trash, recycling and brush pick up are running their regular schedules.
All Fire Department Services are opened with the exception of:
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Public Education Events
- Public Relation Events
Access to the Fire Administration Building for permits or payments will be allowed, but restricted.
- All visitors shall wear a face covering before entering the facility.
- Fire inspections will be scheduled as needed.
- All Fire Stations will remain on lockdown with no visitors allowed.
- The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is staffed but access is restricted.
Parks and Recreation
All employees returned to work on May 4th. Effective May 11th public access is available with social distancing protocols. Citizens are asked to call prior to coming into the Community Center, as well as wearing masks. All rentals and programs have been cancelled through May 31st. Parks & trails remain open to the public. However, play structures and basketball courts are still prohibited from use. It is highly advised that benches and picnic tables not be utilized even though daily sanitizing is being conducted. The Wetlands Center is open and will operate utilizing the museum protocol. We will limit the number of people that comes to the Wetlands Center.
All staff has returned and they are open for business. Outside training classes are still cancelled. Police will continue to follow all the recommended safety protocols.
All employees have returned to work. The Municipal Court window is open to the public Monday-Thursday from 8-1 p.m. Persons entering the lobby will be subject to a temperature check and required to wear a mask- no more than five people will enter the lobby at a given time. Addition information includes:
- No active person-to-person hearing until June 1
- No jury trials /jury duty until further notice
- Phones will be open and answered
- Payments can be made online, by phone, by mail, and drop box
- Virtual hearings available upon request (go to website e-court)
- Communicate to the court through email request (fillable form on website)
- Court will comply with all recommended safe practices
Animal Services and Shelter
- Closed to the public on Sunday and Monday (normal schedule)
- Open to public Tuesday-Saturday, 12-5pm (normal schedule)
- Managing intake and adoptions by appointment is preferred, but persons will be seen on site. Appointments help manage the flow into the shelter to practice social distancing
- Outside meet and greet is available to discuss adoption/surrenders, answer questions, and bring animals outside depending on space available inside.
Health Annex, 220 W. Defee
- Staff has returned to normal schedule, phones are being answered, and can be reached at 281-420-5384. Doors downstairs will be open to public but stairway door to upstairs offices will have controlled access
- Neighborhood Protection surveying all zones, work orders being sent for vacant lots/alleys that need mowing and courtesy notices sent for violations
- Environmental Health is inspecting restaurants, observing protocols, and responding to complaints
- Mosquito Control conducting larvacide pre-treatment in the parks with granular applications and spraying will be done this week depending on the weather
- Stormwater performing field surveys, inspections, and plan reviews
- Modified scheduled Monday-Friday
- For appointment or questions contact 281-420-5895
Planning and Development
The Department is providing services by telephone, email, teleconferencing, and will conduct in-person meetings with customers by appointment. You can reach someone at 281-420-5394.
The Building Services Division is currently accepting online permit applications for both Residential and Commercial projects. Residents and developers can follow the link to our website to apply for a building permit or to submit a payment at www.baytown.org/permit. To schedule an inspection for existing permitted projects please visit www.baytown.org/inspection.
If you would like to contact Building Services directly, you can email email@example.com or call 281-420-6537. For Code Enforcement inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Planning Division is accepting all applications digitally as offered at www.baytown.org/permit. Please reference the Planning Calendar (https://www.baytown.org/city-hall/departments/planning-development/planning/application-processing-calendar) for submittal dates. If you would like to contact the Planning Division directly, you can email email@example.com or call 281-420-6556.
The Community Development Division administers programs for Revitalization Incentive Zone (Fee Waivers/Tax Refunds), Homebuyer’s Assistance, Housing Rehabilitation and Sewer Line Replacement. You can read more about the programs at the Community Development Webpage. Applications are being received digitally or via curbside drop-off, by appointment only. If you have any questions, a staff member can be reached via phone at 281-420-5398 or via email at CDBG@baytown.org.
Sterling Municipal Library
The library building remains closed to the public. However, you can place items on hold online or by calling 281-427-7331 ext. 2 for curbside pickup. Curbside hours are Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 7 PM and Saturday -Sunday 10 AM - 2 PM.
Brunson Visitor Information Center
The building is closed to the public at this time. However, you may still reach staff via phone 281-691-6710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.