When you shop at Baytown Farmers Market, you support your local performers, artists, crafters, and entrepreneurs. It’s your best source for delicious, local fresh fruits and vegetables. Thank you to all of our shoppers, including many surrounding area chefs, for attending this monthly family-friendly event!
Baytown Town Square
213 Texas Avenue
Baytown, Texas 77520
Map 8am - 1pm
of the Month
Dec 06 No information for likes
FLAVOR FRIDAY- Chili Cheese Dog Boats by Alvin Zhou
#BETTERBAYTOWN #FLAVORFRIDAY #TASTY #BAYTOWNFARMERSMARKET #ALVINZHOU Tasty
Ingredients for 8 servings
8 hot dog buns
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
8 slices cheddar cheese
15 oz chili, with or without beans
8 hot dogs
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Leaving them attached, place the 8 hot dog buns in a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33-cm) baking dish.
• Cut a rectangle in each hot dog bun, making sure to stay 1 centimeter from the edges.
• Push down on the bread cut-out to compact it tightly into the bottom of each bun, making sure to press down on the bottom edges as well. This will help create a larger space for the fillings and reduce mess.
• Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and their hollowed insides with the garlic butter.
• Bake for 5 minutes to toast the buns as well as help the sides of the buns firm up so they don’t collapse under the weight of the fillings.
• Place a slice of cheddar cheese inside each bun, then spoon a bit of chili inside each one.
• Slide a hot dog snugly on top of the chili in each bun, then top with more chili.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the chili has started to brown.
• Top with fresh parsley, then slice the hot dog boats along their connected seams to serve.
https://tasty.co/recipe/chili-cheese-dog-boat Dec 05 No information for likes
This is Beautiful. Natures Art.
Dec 05 No information for likes
TOUCH A HEART THURSDAY -Take the opportunity to show your love towards others #betterbaytown #touchaheartthursday #baytownfarmersmarket #StefanPressley #5Ks #RunningWild #PineForestHighSchool
Although high school senior Stefan Pressley longed for a car, he spent two-thirds of his summer job earnings on something more rewarding. Pressley spent $540 on running shoes for his cross-country teammates who needed them. “My team is my family, and I want them to have the best season,” he said. Fortunately, Pressley’s teammates aren’t the only ones aware of their captain’s act of kindness. Two car dealerships have written checks to pay Pressley back for the shoes. Pressley said having a car would allow him to drive to cross country practice and give his teammates rides. He just has to pass his driving test first.