A voter must present one of the following forms of photo ID when voting in person:
1. Texas Driver’s License issued by the Department of Public Safety (“DPS”)
2. Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS;
3. Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS;
4. Texas Handgun License issued by DPS;
5. United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph;
6. United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph; or
7. United States Passport.
With the exception of the United States Citizenship certificate, the identification presented for voter qualification must be current or have expired no more than 4 years before it is presented.
If a voter does not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of these IDs, the voter must fill out a declaration at the polls explaining why and bring one of the following supporting documents:
1. Valid voter registration certificate;
2. Certified birth certificate (must be an original);
3. Copy of or original current utility bill;
4. Copy of or original bank statement;
5. Copy of or original government check;
6. Copy of or original paycheck; or
7. Copy of or original government document with the voter’s name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph).
For more information visit the Texas Secretary of State website at www.votetexas.gov.