Kevin has served as Assistant City Manager since September 2008, and oversees the following departments:
- City Clerk
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Parks & Recreation
Kevin came to the City of Baytown with over 26 years of military service, which culminated in his serving at the Army’s Chief Financial Commander in Washington D.C. After retiring in 2005 at the rank of Colonel, Kevin was a Federal consultant with Deloitte Consulting from 2005-2008.
He holds a Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance from Texas A&M University; Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in Comptrollership from Syracuse University; and Masters in National Resourcing Strategy from the Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
Nick has worked for the City of Baytown since June 2010 and currently serves as Assistant City Manager. During his tenure, Nick has served in the following capacities with the City:
- Assistant to the City Manager
- Interim Public Works Director
- Director of Strategy & Innovation
- Assistant City Manager
Nick's oversees the following departments:
- Economic Development
- Planning & Development Services
- Public Works & Engineering
Nick is extremely active in the Baytown community, serving in the following roles:
- Rotary Club of Baytown (Member since 2011, Board Member 2012-19, Club President 2017-18)
- Baytown Diabetes Council (2013-present)
- JDRF - Houston Gulf Coast (Board of Directors 2018-Present)
- United Way of Greater Baytown and Chambers County (Board of Directors 2016-present, Board President 2019-20)
Before Nick arrived in Baytown, he worked for the City of Olathe, KS. Nick holds a Bachelor of Public Administration degree from Washburn University and a Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Kansas, the country's top rated school for city management. He is a member of the Leadership ICMA class of 2016, the nation's premier program for the development of city management professionals. Nick is a member of the Baytown Sun's inaugural 20 under 40 group.