The Engineering Department:
- Plans, programs, designs, and manages construction and engineering projects for the City of Baytown;
- Develops and analyzes courses of action for project development;
- Recommends the strategies for the improvement and expansion of municipal infrastructure as well as other capital improvement projects;
- Oversees construction and improvement of roadway, water, wastewater and stormwater systems; and
- Provides plan review services through the Development Review Committee’s process;
Performs inspections on all infrastructure within the City’s rights-of-way; and
- Provides services to other departments and divisions of the City.