COVID 19, or the Coronavirus

In accordance with Governor Abbott’s “Open Texas” executive order, the City of Baytown will be re-opening public facilities in a phased process. Following CDC guidelines, all City events, programming, and City venue rentals remain cancelled or postponed until further notice. City services will continue to run in a modified format through digital or other distance means. Beginning May 11th, we will begin providing curb side and appointment-only services at our public facilities while avoiding fully opening government facilities to the public. We will continue to keep you updated on our social media channels.

For additional information visit



Evacuation Transportation Assistance



State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry

In the event of an emergency which requires evacuation, some individuals may need additional assistance leaving their homes. The State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR) allows residents to provide information on their specific situation to emergency management officials who can help them what they need in order to evacuate to safety. Also, facilities who care for the most vulnerable of our residents can register their facilities with emergency responders, to help when planning for, and responding to disasters.


  • Register Online - The fastest and easiest way for an individual to register for evacuation assistance.
  • Call 2-1-1 - A trained telephone operator will be able to take your information in minutes.
  • Download the paper form and submit it via email or fax.

  • Frequently Asked Questions:

    Do you have questions about Emergency Assistance? Please contact us at (281) 422-2311 or 

  • Who should register with STEAR?

    Any Baytown resident who is unable to evacuate themselves should register with STEAR. This includes individuals with special medical needs, special transportation needs, or anyone needing assistance in evacuating.

  • Is the STEAR only for use during hurricanes ?

    While the STEAR was developed initially for hurricane response, the information you provide can help the city locate and help provide evacuation assistance during a variety of types of disaster, including chemical releases, floods, and other incidents where you may need to evacuate your home.

  • Does registration with STEAR guarantee that I will be evacuated in a hurricane?

    Registration with STEAR only provides the City with information on where individuals who register live, in order to facilitate the evacuation of those living in mandatory evacuation areas. Not all Baytown residents may live within mandatory evacuation areas. All residents should make plans to evacuate during a hurricane if they feel they would not be able to sustain their basic needs in their homes during and after the hurricane's impact.

  • If I don't live in a mandatory evacuation area, do I still need to register?

    Hurricanes are not the only hazard that could impact Baytown. If you live outside of an evacuation area, you may still register for evacuation assistance in the event that another type of hazard, such as a hazardous chemical release or flood impacts your community.

  • I don't feel comfortable entering my information online, how else can I register?

    You may dial 2-1-1 from any phone and speak with an operator who can register you for evacuation assistance.

  • What happens once I submit my form?

    Once your form is completed and submitted, City staff enter it into a database that is then available for emergency service providers to get in contact with you in the event that an emergency affects your area.

  • How long does the City of Baytown keep this information on file? What if I move?

    The information you fill out on the STEAR is kept until March of the following year. At that time, you will be encouraged to renew your registration by either filling out another form online, to call 2-1-1 or by mailing in a new dowloadable form. This helps make sure that the information in the STEAR database is the most current.

  • Can a STEAR Form be filled out for someone else?

    If an individual you know may need assistance, with their permission, you may fill out the online form, call 2-1-1 for them. Some information needed for the form is fairly detailed, and will require input from the individual being registered or their caretaker.

  • Do I have to fill one out for each individual in the home?

    Yes, each individual who needs assistance in evacuating must fill out a form. This allows emergency personnel to ensure transportation is provided for each person in your household. Facilities such as nursing homes, assisted living or other group homes should fill out a "facility form" instead of an individual form for each resident.