The Fire Marshal’s Office is in charge of performing fire and life safety inspections for all commercial businesses, as well as private Day Care facilities and Foster homes that require an annual license from the State.
The Fire Marshal’s Office also inspects the installations of all fire suppression systems including Fire sprinkler systems, Fire alarm systems, Commercial Kitchen hood suppression systems, as well as Fuel tank removal / installations, and the use of tar pots for roofing operations.
You may contact the Fire Marshal’s Office to schedule an Inspection at 281-422-2311.
For a copy of the fee schedule click here.
Below are the applications necessary to request a Fire Inspection:
- Certificate of Occupancy – This inspection is part of your Building permit process.
- Fire Systems Inspection – Fire alarms, Fire Sprinkler systems, Underground Fire line, Kitchen Hood Suppression systems, and fuel tank removal/installation
- Annual Licensing Fire Inspection – Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Day Care Facilities, Foster homes, TABC License.
- Fire and Life Safety Inspections – Roofing operations using tar pots.
- Traveling Circuses and Carnivals Inspections – Circus and Carnival Permit
- Outdoor Event / Temporary Food Vendors Permit – For all outdoor event booths that may use a generator and all temporary food vendors’ booths.
- Mobile Food Truck Permit
- Circus & Carnival Inspection
- Day Care Facility Inspection
- Foster Home Inspection
- Commercial Kitchen Hood System - contact Fire Marshal's Office
- Fire & Life Safety Inspection
- Fuel Tank Installation Checklist
- Sprinkler system FDC Signage Requirements for NFPA 13 system
- Sprinkler system FDC Signage Requirements for NFPA 13R system