The application acceptance period is currently closed. Please stay tuned for information on the next Firefighter Entrance Examination.
- Applicant must be at least 19 years of age and less than 41 years of age by the date of hire.
- Applicant must possess a High School Diploma or GED at the time of examination.
- An applicant is eligible to take the entrance examination if the applicant has completed a paramedic training program through an accredited training facility. The applicant must possess certification through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as an Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic or as a Texas Department of State Health Services certified Emergency medical Technician Paramedic at the time of appointment.
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen.
- Applicant must have not have been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions.
- Applicant must successfully meet Baytown standards for all supplemental questions relating to criminal history.