The Legal Department cannot provide legal advice
to private citizens on personal legal matters.
The City's Legal Department:
- Advises the City Council, BAWA, CCPD, FCPEMSD, MDD, PFC, City Manager and staff, and official boards and commissions on a wide-range of issues.
- Represents or manages the representation of the City, BAWA, CCPD, FCPEMSD, MDD and PFC in litigation and adversary proceedings.
- Serves as Prosecutor for all municipal court cases, including those involving offenses under the Texas Penal Code, the Texas Transportation Code, and the City’s Code of Ordinances.
- Provides oral and written opinions to the City Council, BAWA, MDD, CCPD, FCPEMSD, PFC, City Manager and staff.
- Drafts legal instruments such as ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and deeds.
Municipal Court ProsecutorThe Prosecutor is responsible for prosecuting violations of applicable state law and municipal ordinances in which the Municipal Court has jurisdiction.
| Office Hours
|Monday||10am to 11:30am||1:30pm to 4pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 11:30am||Unavailable on Trial Days|
Unavailable on Trial Days
| Unavailable on Trial Days
1pm to 4pm
on Non-Trial Days
|Thursday||9am to 11:30am||1pm to 4pm|
|Friday||9am to 11:30am||Not Available|