The meeting rooms in the Sterling Municipal are available at no charge for use by community groups for meeting and programs that are informational, educational or cultural in nature.
Meetings must be free and open to the general public.
Eligible groups include:
- The City of Baytown, Harris County, Chambers County, the State of Texas, and the US government.
- Civic, educational, and nonprofit groups
- Non-partisan events such as a public forum open to all candidates or town hall meeting held by current elected officials.
Excluded meetings include:
- Personal events such as birthday parties, baby showers, wedding showers etc.
- Meetings requiring payment for admission, a registration fee (including fees taken off-site), materials fee or required donations
- Programs involving the sale, advertising, marketing, promotion of commercial products or services
- Political campaigning or political fund-raising activities
Room capacities are:
- Wilhite Meeting Room - 100 persons
- Innovation Room - 30 persons
- Nook - 10 persons
BEFORE MAKING A REQUEST, PLEASE READ THE LIBRARY’S FULL MEETING ROOM POLICY HERE.