COVID 19, or the Coronavirus

In accordance with the Stay Home, Work Safe order issued by Harris County, the City of Baytown has closed all City facilities to the public until April 30th . Following CDC guidelines, we have canceled all City events, programming, and City venue rentals until further notice.  Some  City services will continue to run, but in a modified format through digital or other distance means. We would like you to know that the City is in daily contact with State and County Health and Emergency Management Officials. We continue to address the situation in cooperation with all of our partners in government and industry. While you’re likely to see various reactions to the situation, we ask that you remain calm.  We will continue to keep you updated here and via our social media channels

For additional information visit




Got Warrants?
If you have any information on any individual with warrants, call the Baytown City Marshals Office.

Issuing a Warrant

The court may issue a warrant when:

  • You do not complete a payment plan or fail to make payment as promised
  • You fail to appear
  • You fail to comply with an order of the court

Types of Warrants

  • Arrest Warrant
    • Issued in connection with failure to appear before court in a criminal case.
  • Capias Pro-fine
    • Issued for defendants who received a violation, have been found guilty by the court and failed to fulfill the direction of the court

Failure To Appear

If you fail to appear on or before the appearance date for your citation, a violation of failure to appear / violate promise to appear may be filed against you. In addition, the court may:

  • Issue a warrant for your arrest
  • Add additional fees per violation
  • Place a hold on your driver’s license renewal
  • Place a hold on vehicle registration renewal
  • Publish your name in the newspaper and/or on the City of Baytown Internet website

Failure To Meet An Order Of The Court

If you have appeared before a judge and have agreed to a payment plan, community service or other judicial orders, you must complete these orders as specified or a warrant may be issued for your arrest.

What To Do If You Have a Warrant

Your warrant may be canceled by pleading "no contest" or "guilty" to the violation(s) and making payment for the fine(s).

If you want to plead not guilty to a violation after a warrant of arrest has been issued, you may post a cash bond or surety bond (attorney bond or bail bond). Bail bonds can only be accepted by a police officer at the Baytown Police Department. Any bond can be taken at the Police Department outside of regular court business hours.

Cash bond

This money must be paid in the form of cash, cashiers check, or money order (credit cards are not accepted as payments for cash bonds). You will receive receipt of your cash bond which will indicate a court date.

Surety Bond

A local bondsman or a lawyer usually provides this bond. The surety may give a bond for your release. Once the bond is received you will receive a court date from either the court clerk or jail personnel.

Getting Specific Information About Outstanding Warrants

To find out whether you have an outstanding warrant, you may call the Baytown Municipal Court at (281) 427-9511, or the Baytown Police Department at 281-422-8371.  As an alternative to being arrested, you may turn yourself into the Baytown Police Department to serve your time.  An online docket, citation, and warrant search is available on the Municipal Court's record website.