All classes and camps open to boys and girls
For more information about our classes, activities and events please call 281-420-6597. If not otherwise indicated all programs are being held at the Community Center located at 2407 Market St.
Join us at the Baytown Community Center for 2019 Camps!
For more information about any of the camps below, call (281) 420-6598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
COOKING CAMP- How to Cook Breakfast Kids Camp
Monday, November 25th- Wednesday, November 27th
Time: 10 am- 1 pm
Cost: $100 per student (max 16 students)
Baytown Community Center- 2407 Market Street
Description: This 3 day camp is a perfect way to give your child a great start in the kitchen or to hone skills already learned! Chefs and cooks start their training with breakfast foods for good reason. It takes some coordination, finesse, ability to regulate heat and use equipment properly, and other basic skills. Chef Win will show your child how to prepare and serve a wide variety of deliciously prepared and attractively presented breakfast foods!
- How to prepare eggs: scrambled eggs, omelets
- How to prepare pancakes, biscuits
- How to prepare sides, bacon, sausage, hash brown casserole, creamy grits
- How to prepare nontraditional breakfast foods: breakfast pizza and pigs in a blanket
- On the healthier side: fresh fruit salad, and crepes
In addition students learn kitchen safety and sanitation in line with industry standards, plus a variety of recipes and cooking techniques. All classes taught by ServSafe® certified teachers and chef instructors Chef Win Thomas of Cooking with Class.
Call Baytown Parks & Recreation if you are interested in a specific type cooking class or private class/party. 281-420-6598
6:30 pm- 7:30 pm Ages 5-11
7:30 pm- 8:30 pm Ages 12+
$50 per student, per 10- Week Session
SAFE SITTER® COURSE
$75.00 per student
Saturday, December 7, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday, December 8, 12:00 to 6:30 pm
Designed to prepare students in grades 6-8 to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. This instructor-led class is filled with fun games and role-playing exercises. Students will learn:
- Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
- Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help them stay in control of themselves and the children in their care. Students also learn the ages and stages of child development, as well as practice diapering.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Learning skills such as choking rescue and CPR is often students’ favorite part of the class. Students also learn a system to help them assess and respond to injuries and illnesses. (CPR included in Safe Sitter® Essentials with CPR and Safe Sitter® Expanded.)
- Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and greet employers will set students up for success now and in the future. Students practice these skills through various role plays.
Come to the Baytown Community Center for a fun-filled morning of hands-on entertainment! Messy Mitts is a fun, interactive program in which you and your child can experience finger painting with pudding, dirt digging, water play, and more. Spend the morning visiting with other parents while instructor Tiffany Gill of STEM Explorers LLC. guides your child through a fun, messy morning (without the hassle of clean up!) Ages 2-4
Messy Mitts is offered every Tuesday from September 3rd to December 10th at the Baytown Community Center. Times 10:00 to 10:50 am
Registration is $200.00 per child. For sibling discount of $25.00, Shontele Williams 281-420-6598 before registering.