Community Development Transportation Program
The Community Development Transportation Program provides non-emergency transportation services to eligible low-income senior and/or disabled citizens. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault are condisered on a referral basis. The City has partnered with Harris County's Rides and Transit Programs to provide local service and to/from Houston for medical appointments. Participants are required to prove eligibility and must apply in person at the Community Development Office.
- Participant may receive monthly Rides Program Funds and an unlimited monthly bus pass.
- The Rides funds can be used with any of the Harris County Rides Program contract providers.
- The bus passes can be used on the Harris County Transit fixed routes circular bus.
- Harris County operates the bus in Baytown, and transfers to routes in other nearby communities as well.
Current maps and schedules are available at: www.harriscountytransit.com.
A list of current Rides contract providers is available on their website: www.harriscountyrides.com.
1. Applicants must be a resident of the City of Baytown.
2. Applicants must be 65 years of age or older, have a certified disability, or recieve a referral for domestic violence/sexual assault.
3.Applicants must complete the application for services and submit in person.
4. Applicant’s household annual gross income must not exceed the below-stated maximum income limits.
No. in Household
Annual Maximum Gross Income
How to Apply
Contact the City of Baytown Community Development Office at (281) 420-5390 for general information, program guidelines and an application form (or download available forms and documents below). Completed applications must be submitted in person at the City of Baytown’s Community Development Office located at 2401 Market Street, Baytown, Texas. All documents for proof of eligibility must be submitted along with the completed application.
|Related Forms and Documents|
|Application and Eligibility Checklist|