The purpose of the Homebuyers’ Assistance Program is to assist low-moderate income families in purchasing affordable housing within the city limits. The program provides an assistance loan for payment of normal closing costs and/or down payment associated with the purchase of a single family home. Eligible homebuyers may be granted up to $4,500 in the form of a deferred loan, secured by a subordinate lien on the property. These funds are available through the Community Development Block Grant Program in the form of a five (5) year forgivable loan and are provided at the time of closing.
All potential homebuyers must provide the appropriate documents to verify the following:
- Homebuyer is able to obtain mortgage financing from a lender;
- Homebuyer is 18 years of age or older;
- All members of applicant's household are legal residents of the United States;
- Homebuyer has completed an approved Homebuyers' Counseling Workshop;
- Homebuyer's employment and credit stability is consistent with lenders' qualifications;
- no person in the applicant household has owned a home within the past three (3) years;
- Home buyer must provide an earnest money deposit to a title company, closing documents must be completed in the City of Baytown;
- No person in the applicant household has owned a home within the past three (3) years;
- No person in the household has previously received assistance through the Homebuyers' Assistance or Housing Rehabilitation Programs of the City of Baytown;
- Homebuyers’ chosen property must be a detached single-family home priced at $140,000 or below within the city limits of Baytown;
- No person in homebuyer’s household can be related to the owner(s) and/or seller(s) of chosen property; and
- Applicant’s household annual gross income must not exceed the below-stated maximum income limits.
No. in Household
Annual Maximum Gross Income
How to Apply
Contact the City of Baytown Community Development Office at (281) 420-5390 for general information, program guidelines and application form or download available forms and documents below. Completed applications must accompany verification documents regarding: household income; employment; household members; savings and checking account statements; picture identification; and other forms to support application information. Assistance is available on a first come, first served basis to eligible homebuyers as funds permit.
|Related Forms and Documents|
|Home Buyer's Assistance Application||PDF(32k)|
|Employment Verification Form||PDF(18k)|
|Lender's Agreement Form||PDF(94k)|
|Release of Information Form||PDF(15k)|