Market Street Corridor Study
What is the Market Street Corridor Study?
In its distant past, the Market Street Corridor was a commercial hub in Baytown. However, the area is now littered with an abundance of vacant lots and aging structures. The Market Street Corridor Study will attempt to design and develop technical specifications which will drive the redevelopment and beautification of the corridor.
What is the goal of the Market Street Corridor Study?
The goals of the Market Street Corridor are many, including but not limited to:
- Identify opportunities for projects that would draw new investment, users, and visitors to the area (including small and large scale development);
- Identify a way to increase pedestrian mobility in the subject area;
- Repurpose all unused railroad right-of-way in the subject area;
- Garner strong citizen participation throughout the development of the study;
- Develop a Capital Improvement Plan for the subject area;
- Identify beautification opportunities along the corridor; and
- Produce an action plan (recommendations and next steps based on the data collected).
Early Site Analysis: Preservation and Improvements
Check back soon for more information on early site analysis, preservation and improvements.
For more information regarding the Market Street Corridor Study, please contat;
Community Investment & Engagement
Principal Planning Manager
Community Development Manager