Baytown Police Department
Applications period is closed.
The Written Test usually starts at 9:00 a.m. and the Agility Test is mostly held later that same day for those that pass the written test.
Beginning salary $59,388.49 (effective 10-01-2017)
Civil Service Test will be held on Friday, August 10, 2018.
The deadline to submit an application for the 2017-2018 fiscal year is closed!
Here are the minimum requirements:
- 21 years of age to take the entrance exam and less than 45 years of age at the time of appointment (sworn in) as a police officer, and
- High school diploma/GED & one of the following:
- An active Texas peace officer’s license with less than a two year break in service prior to taking the entrance examination; OR
- Has successfully completed a Basic Peace Officer’s course and is eligible for licensing at the time of the entrance examination; OR
- Successfully completed a minimum of 45 hours at an accredited college or university with at least a 2.0 grade average on a 4.0 scale; OR
- 24 months active military service with an Honorable Discharge. CANNOT have a re-enlistment code of RE-4.
Applications For Patrol Officer is currently closed.
Officer Ron Ellis
• 220 – Age = Max Allowed Heart Rate
• So noted is 85% of the max, but not factored in
• Initial Blood Pressure 159/99 or less allowed