The City of Baytown has contracted with Baytown Wrecker Service, Inc., to perform all towing and storage services related to regular nonconsent tows. Nonconsent tows include the tows of motor vehicles that are initiated by peace officers.
VEHICLE ACCESS & INFORMATION
To recover your vehicle and/or pose questions about a specific tow, please contact the company directly at the following address and/or phone number:
Baytown Wrecker Service, Inc.
5552 N Main
Baytown, Texas 77521
The sooner you collect your vehicle, the lower the fees/cost will be. Please note that only the following fees are allowed:
- Regular in-city nonconsent tow: $150;
- Vehicle Storage Facility Storage Rate: $20 per day; a day begins and ends at midnight; and
- Transfer Fee to anyplace within the city limits of Baytown: $60.
THINGS TO KNOW
- You must receive and sign a City of Baytown tow truck ticket with the associate fees – you are not required to sign any other form related to your tow at the scene of the accident.
- You may remove your belongings from your vehicle at the scene of the accident and at the vehicle storage facility within one hour after you call the company requesting access.
- The company is required to take all forms of payment: credit cards, debit cards, cash, checks and cashier checks.
- All of the company vehicles and drivers are licensed by the City and will have a city-issued driver ID and vehicle inspection sticker.
- You cannot be solicited at the scene of an accident and you have the right to have your vehicle towed to any location inside the city limits and to use the repair facility of your choice.
If you feel you have been over-charged, work with the company to resolve the issue; but if no resolution can be reached, you may file a written complaint with the City of Baytown Police Department (BPD) and/or the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).
| PO BOX 12157
Austin, Texas 78711
|PO BOX 424
Baytown, Texas 77522-0424