1. Check for open lines/leaks
2. Request a reread
3. Have a plumber certify there are no issues
4. Request a meter datalog and/or meter test
5. Submit a Credit Adjustment Form with all supporting documentation (click here for Credit Adjustment Form)
6. The bill must be more than twice the average consumption (over a six month period) or more than $100.00 over the average bill amount.
If all eligibility criteria is met and the adjustment is approved:
1. UB will calculate the average consumption (over a six month period).
2. The customer must pay average consumption plus 1/2 of the water and sewer charges that exceed the average consumption.
3. UB will adjust/credit the remainder of the bill.
The adjustment will be granted ONCE over the lifetime of the account and payment arrangements are available
(prior to disconnection of service).