- Feature Links
- Social Media
City Social Media Terms of Service
This social media site serves as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. Comments or posts may be hidden from public view if they violate the terms of service. City departments and employees contributing to and managing content on City Social Media Accounts must adhere to the following comment moderation criteria:
- Violates the Social Media Platform’s terms of service;
- Contains information about official City business that is legally deemed confidential and should not be made public;
- Considered pornographic, obscene, or defamatory in nature, including links to inappropriate sexual content;
- Openly advocates for violence or the threat of violence;
- Openly discriminates against others or advocates for discrimination based on race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, genetic information, gender identity, sex, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class;
- Solicitations of commerce or marketing of private business enterprises;
- Encourage or promote illegal activity;
- Include information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Appear to violate the intellectual property or copyright of any other party;
- Content that is clearly off-topic, repetitive or out of context and detracts from the original City Social Media Content.
If photos, video, or other media are solicited from the public through a City Social Media Account to increase public interaction, all content received must be accepted and remain public unless it fails to meet the criteria stated above.
*Statements on the Social Media page will include: a. The reasons for which comments may be restricted from public view. b. That comments posted by others to City Social Media Accounts do not necessarily reflect the views or position of the City. c. Notifying people that “follows” from City Social Media Accounts do not reflect endorsements.