Back to the Bay
Back to the Bay is a field biology program that is TEKS aligned for Biology, Aquatic Science, and Environmental Systems. Students rotate through three stations: Water Chemistry, Aquatic Organism Collection and Anthropogenic Influence.
Program activities include:
- Collecting a water sample and testing for Phosphates, Dissolved Oxygen, pH, Salinity, Turbidity, and Temperature.
- Completing a site survey.
- Collection and identification of aquatic organisms.
- Guided Scavenger Hunt.
Grade Level Field Trips
Half day or full day TEKS aligned field trips are available for Pre-K through 8th grade. Half day trips rotate through three stations, full day trips rotate through five stations.
- Half day program $5 per student
- Full day program $7.50 per student
Register for a Guided Field Trip here.